Entrance to the State Opening Ceremony of Holocaust Martyrs' and Heroes' Remembrance Day is by invitation only.
On Holocaust Martyrs' and Heroes' Remembrance Day, Thursday, 5 May 2016, Yad Vashem will be open 08:00-20:00. The Holocaust History Museum will open at 9:00. The Visual Center and Children’s Memorial will open at 11:00. The Archives and Library will be open 8:30-17:00
On Remembrance Day for Israel's Fallen Soldiers and Victims of Terrorism, Wednesday, 11 May 2016, the Holocaust History Museum will be open 9:00-17:00. The Archives and Library will be closed.
On Independence Day, Thursday, 12 May 2016, Yad Vashem will be closed.
Sunday to Wednesday: 09:00-17:00
Fridays and Holiday eves: 09:00-14:00
Yad Vashem is closed on Saturdays and all Jewish Holidays
* The Holocaust History Museum, Museum of Holocaust Art, Exhibitions Pavilion and Synagogue are open until 20:00. All other sites close at 17:00.
Archives and Library Services
Sunday-Thursday 8:30 - 17:00
(Books and documents can be ordered until 15:00)
Entrance to the Holocaust History Museum and all other sites is free
Groups of 6 or more people are required to schedule their visit in advance. Reservation Center
All guiding in the Holocaust History Museum must be conducted with earphones, which can be hired in the Visitor's Center.
Entrance to the Holocaust History Museum is not permitted for children under the age of 10. Babies in strollers or carriers will not be permitted to enter.
Entrance to the Holocaust History Museum is permitted until one hour before closing.
The Holocaust Martyrs' and Heroes' Remembrance Authority
Jerusalem 9103401 Israel
- PM Netanyahu and his wife Sara attend Ponary memorial ceremony
- Holocaust Martyrs' and Heroes' Remembrance Day 2017
- PM Netanyahu addresses the 'Unto Every Person There is a Name' ceremony at the Knesset
- President Rivlin addresses Holocaust Martyrs' and Heroes' Remembrance Day ceremony at Yad Vashem
- US Liberators, Holocaust Survivors and Israeli Soldiers Get Last Chance to Unite at Auschwitz