NEW YORK, More than 20 young leaders and supporters of Friends of the Israel Defense Forces (FIDF) from all walks of life, representing communities from across the U.S., will join the FIDF Young Leadership (YL) Mission to Israel next month to show their appreciation for the brave men and women of the IDF.
The mission, taking place July 1-9, will bring members of FIDF’s Young Leadership Division together with the soldiers of the IDF. Mission participants will receive in-depth briefings by military officers, tour strategic IDF bases to get a behind-the-scenes look into the Israeli military, and experience Israel – from the mystical Safed to the beaches of Tel Aviv – in an entirely new way. The group of FIDF leaders will hear firsthand from the men and women of the co-ed Lions of Jordan battalion, meet the combat soldiers who stand watch over Israel’s border with Gaza, tour an Israeli Air Force Base and get an overview of the different aircraft that protect Israel’s skies, and visit many of Israel’s historic sites.
Joining the FIDF YL Mission will be FIDF Tri-State Development Associate Carly Billig and FIDF Mid-Atlantic Development Associate Rona Kassem.
“This Young Leadership Mission allows our young FIDF supporters to connect with the courageous soldiers who put their lives on the line every day to defend the Jewish State and the Jewish people,” said Billig. “We are looking forward to this incredible opportunity to see Israel in a whole new way and to learning how we can do more to support the well-being of Israel’s soldiers.”
- Lt. Gen. Gadi Eizenkot, Chief of the General Staff, Memorial Day Message
- Fellowship and FIDF Provide $1.5M in Passover Gift Cards to IDF Soldiers
- World Jewish Congress launches petition to ICRC demanding Hamas return bodies of IDF soldiers
- 5,500 IDF Lone Soldiers Gather for Largest-Ever FIDF 'Fun Day' at Israeli Waterpark
- Over 200 NY Real Estate Leaders Gather at FIDF Benefit Supporting Israeli Soldiers