Wild fire spreading near Modiin on ThursdayWild fire spreading near Modiin on ThursdayThe WJC president thanked the countries – among them Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Greece, Italy, Jordan, Russia, Turkey, and the United States – providing emergency relief and support for Israel.
However, he expressed indignation about the fact that despite the danger a number of Arab communities, as well as their Jewish neighbours, were facing by the fires, some Arabs had now “gleefully taken to social media.” Hash tags such #TheZionistEntityIsBurning or #IsraelIsBurning were shared widely on Twitter.
On Thursday, firefighters struggled to contain blazes raging through the northern Israeli city of Haifa and dozens of small- to medium-scale conflagrations throughout the country.
Firefighters also battled flames in a forest near the capital Jerusalem.
- Israel and Senegal announce end to crisis
- World Jewish Congress President Ronald S. Lauder urges football associations worldwide to reject anti-Israel vote in FIFA
- WJC President Lauder commends Comerica for closing anti-Israel group’s bank account
- Israel – The Magic Land at the Holy Land
- 230 Ukrainian Immigrants Arrive in Israel for Passover, Part of Effort to Rescue Embattled Jews