Wild fire spreading near Modiin on ThursdayWild fire spreading near Modiin on ThursdayThe WJC president thanked the countries – among them Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Greece, Italy, Jordan, Russia, Turkey, and the United States – providing emergency relief and support for Israel.
However, he expressed indignation about the fact that despite the danger a number of Arab communities, as well as their Jewish neighbours, were facing by the fires, some Arabs had now “gleefully taken to social media.” Hash tags such #TheZionistEntityIsBurning or #IsraelIsBurning were shared widely on Twitter.
On Thursday, firefighters struggled to contain blazes raging through the northern Israeli city of Haifa and dozens of small- to medium-scale conflagrations throughout the country.
Firefighters also battled flames in a forest near the capital Jerusalem.
- 3rd Diplomatic Race to celebrate Israel's special needs community
- PM Netanyahu's remarks at the start of the weekly cabinet meeting
- PM Netanyahu addresses the Christian Media Summit
- ADL Welcomes Announcement That Israeli Judokas Can Participate in UAE Tournament Under Their Own Flag
- Israel and Gaza: How did we get here?