"Hamas was perfectly well aware of what would happen if they started raining rockets into Israel. They fired one thousand and they have a strategy designed to force Israel to kill their own civilians so that the rest of the world will condemn them.
They (Israel) know when Hamas attacks them that Hamas has set up a situation which politically it can’t lose, because they (Israelis) can say ‘well if I attack them back they always hide behind civilians and I’ll kill civilians, and if I don’t we’ll look like fools letting somebody shoot a thousand rockets at us and not responding.’
In the short and medium term Hamas can inflict terrible public relations damage by forcing (Israel) to kill Palestinian civilians to counter Hamas. But it’s a crass strategy that takes all of our eyes off the real objective which is a peace that gets Israel security and recognition and a peace that gets the Palestinians their state."
- Israel – The Magic Land at the Holy Land
- 230 Ukrainian Immigrants Arrive in Israel for Passover, Part of Effort to Rescue Embattled Jews
- Ambassadors Against BDS: 2,000 gather at United Nations HQ in New York in support of Israel
- Lauder welcomes Ban Ki-moon’s ‘long-awaited’ admission of UN bias against Israel
- New survey: 80 percent of impoverished Israelis believe their children will remain poor