Lt. Gen. Ashkenazi Delivers a Speech at the NATO Mediterranean Dialogue
"Extremist regimes and terrorist organizations have introduced high and low quality weapons, exploitation of civilian human shields and misinformation to the current battlefield. All these tactics have altered the battlefield as we know it," said IDF Chief of the General Staff, Lt. Gen. Gabi Ashkenazi at the Mediterranean Dialogue, during the NATO conference of the Chiefs of Defense of member countries.
"NATO currently faces the very same challenges in Afghanistan, and its member countries encounter complex strategic, tactical and logistic issues in different arenas of war."
Lt. Gen. Ashkenazi also noted his deep appreciation of NATO achievements, "under whose command over 40 countries operate united against these terrorist threats. These combined efforts ensure that the extremists who wish to destroy our way of life will never succeed in doing so. If we wish to completely eradicate this phenomenon, we must stand strongly before it, overcome the legal, operational and intelligence obstacles... we must put to use all possible means in order to avoid the dangerous spread of unconventional weapons."
Lt. Gen. Ashkenazi thanked the Chairman of the NATO Military Committee, Admiral Giampaolo Di Paola, and his counterparts for their friendship and partnership.
During the conference, Lt. Gen. Ashkenazi is scheduled to hold work meetings with his military counterparts from around the world.
- At Georgetown, WJC President Ronald Lauder Addresses Anti-Semitism, Attacks on Christians
- WJC President Ronald S Lauder to Congress: Where is US?
- VP Biden to WJC Leaders: Jews Must "Speak Out Every Time Anti-Semitism Raises its Ugly Head"
- WJC CEO meets Scandinavian Jewish and political leaders to discuss security situation
- Jew in the City Awards Top 10 Orthodox Jewish All Stars For 2014