"Peace between Israel and Egypt has endured for over three decades and our goal is to ensure that these relations continue"
At the start of the weekly Cabinet meeting (Sunday, 30 January 2011) Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said:
"We are anxiously monitoring what is happening in Egypt and [elsewhere] in our region. Last night, I spoke with US President Barack Obama and US Secretary of State Hilary Clinton. I also held consultations with Defense Minister Ehud Barak, Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman and with Israeli intelligence officials.
Our efforts are designed to continue and maintain stability and security in our region. I remind you that the peace between Israel and Egypt has endured for over three decades and our goal is to ensure that these relations continue. Of course, at this time, we must show maximum responsibility, restraint and sagacity and, to this end, I have instructed my fellow ministers to refrain from commenting on this issue. Naturally, we are also holding consultations in the appropriate government forums.
- At Georgetown, WJC President Ronald Lauder Addresses Anti-Semitism, Attacks on Christians
- WJC President Ronald S Lauder to Congress: Where is US?
- VP Biden to WJC Leaders: Jews Must "Speak Out Every Time Anti-Semitism Raises its Ugly Head"
- WJC CEO meets Scandinavian Jewish and political leaders to discuss security situation
- Jew in the City Awards Top 10 Orthodox Jewish All Stars For 2014