|I want to inform you of a critical major initiative by the Chesed Fund Limited and Project Ezra of Greater Baltimore for Jewish schools throughout North America. A vital new guide, entitled Keep Your School Safe (KYSS), (KYSS) has been sent to all Jewish Schools, major organizations and is en route to all camps.
Parents and community members can read and print the free KYSS guide now at www.keepyourschoolsafe.com. The guide helps schools conduct a thorough security review to help them carefully evaluate and improve school safety.
The Keep Your School Safe guide includes sections on protection of school grounds, lockdown procedures, proper safety and security training for the teachers and staff, and other emergency preparedness measures. Keep Your School Safe has been recommended by organizations such as the Secure Community Network, Agudath Israel of America, National Council of Young Israel, Torah Umesorah and the Orthodox Union as an essential safety and security resource.
The initial print run of the KYSS guide is ten thousand copies. KYSS is intended for all Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, and Community Day schools. A similar guide is being prepared for all public and private schools throughout North America.
As a Security Consultant, Coordinator for CERT (the Community Emergency Response Team in Northern Park Heights, Baltimore) and an expert in security for over thirty-five years I felt that the Jewish community needs no further wake-up call than the tragedy last December in Newtown, CT; it is imperative to review and tighten school safety and security measures.
This guide is published in memory of the faculty and students of Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT, as well as the victims of the Boston Marathon terror attack.
As this critical initiative greatly impacts our children's safety I encourage you to forward this email to your contact list.
- World Jewish Congress expresses concern at explosion targeting Jewish community leader in Kazan, Tatarstan
- ADL Welcomes Announcement That Israeli Judokas Can Participate in UAE Tournament Under Their Own Flag
- World Jewish Congress condemns 'disgraceful' neo-Nazi march in Washington: 'Hatred and extremism cannot be allowed to tear the fabric of our society apart'
- Pitch for Hope competition calls on youth in UK, US, and Israel to propose creative ideas for curbing racism and anti-Semitism in sports
- WJC US renews calls to extradite accused Nazi criminal to Germany: ‘Justice must be served’