At least two rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip at southern Israel on Wednesday evening. No casualties or injuries were reported. In response, Israel Air Force jets struck terror infrastructure targets in the Gaza Strip.
At least two rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip at southern Israel on Wednesday evening. Alarms sounded just before 11 p.m. in the Sdot Negev and Hof Ashkelon regions bordering the northern Gaza Strip, as well as in Netivot and Ashkelon. No casualties or injuries were reported.
In response, Israel Air Force jets struck terror infrastructure targets in the Gaza Strip.
Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon said that Israel will not allow sporadic rocket fire from Gaza to resume, noting that even if the rocket fire was carried out by members of rogue groups from the global jihad, Israel holds Hamas responsible for what is happening in the Gaza Strip.
IDF Spokesman Lt. Col. Peter Lerner said, "When the sirens sounded in Israel, more than 140,000 Israeli lives were put in jeopardy. Israelis and Palestinians deserve to live normal lives, but instead Hamas chooses to use the Gaza Strip as a launching pad for rocket attacks. The IDF will act against the aggression, will act against those who wish to terrorize Israel and will act to protect Israelis in the line of indiscriminate rocket fire from Gaza."
Last week, on the night of May 26, 2015, a Grad rocket was fired at Israel from the Gaza Strip. The remains of the rocket were located near Gan Yavne. It was the third rocket fired from the Gaza Strip since the beginning of 2015 and the first long-range rocket fired since Operation Protective Edge during the summer of 2014.