Three terrorists arrived with knives, a rifle and explosives to the old town area in Jerusalem. Border Police officers spotted them and asked them to identify themselves. As one Palestinian presented an ID card, his friend pulled out a weapon and started shooting. Police responded by firing fighters and killed the three.
Magen David Adom paramedic Nissan object, said the scene:"When we arrived, I saw two young girls with penetrating injuries and upper body. One was unconscious and semi-conscious the second. We gave them a quick treatment in the area and evacuated them to the hospital in critical condition."
Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat came to the scene and praised the police action. "I spoke with the brave fighters who were not afraid to make contact. There was a real battle, in this battle the Border Police prevented a greater catastrophe," he said. "The readiness of the officers saved lives. Jerusalem public need to open eyes and in a case like this do not be afraid to create contact. "
Hamas issued an official statement, which described the terrorist heroes. The organization's spokesman Husam Badran praised the three fighters in Jerusalem.
- 500 Jewish Mothers From Around the World Bake Challahs in Jerusalem for Israeli Soldiers
- Historic House of Prayer for All Faiths Opens in Jerusalem
- Jerusalem Dedicates New Command Vehicle to Fight Terror, Thanks to Christian Support
- First-ever Jerusalem house of prayer to unite Christians, Jews and Muslims
- Medicine, the international language