JERUSALEM, The International Fellowship of Christians and Jews (The Fellowship) and Friends of the Israel Defense Forces (FIDF), in collaboration with Yachad Lema’an Hachayal, are providing “Fellowship Gift Cards” to over 12,500 soldiers in need and Lone Soldiers currently serving in the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) so they can celebrate the Passover holiday without financial worries.
The vast majority of eligible soldiers will be receiving a gift card in the amount of NIS 500, or about $130, and about 2,500 soldiers are eligible for a gift card of NIS 350, or about $100. Soldiers will be able to purchase supplies such as food, clothing, shoes, sports, and leisure items.
The Fellowship and FIDF distribute “Fellowship Gift Cards” twice a year, during the major Jewish holidays of Rosh Hashanah and Passover. This campaign is administered in collaboration with the IDF Personnel Directorate and reaches every eligible IDF soldier. FIDF and The Fellowship have been teaming up to deliver the holiday gift cards since 2009.
- The IDF’s Humanitarian Aid Through the Years
- Sniper in Gaza Kills IDF Staff Sergeant Aviv Levi
- The IDF’s response to ongoing Hamas terror attacks
- Lt. Gen. Gadi Eizenkot, Chief of the General Staff, Memorial Day Message
- World Jewish Congress launches petition to ICRC demanding Hamas return bodies of IDF soldiers