Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, at the Underground Prisoners Museum in Acre, attended a ceremony to mark the 70th anniversary of the Acre prison break. Following is an excerpt from his remarks:
"Against those who threaten to destroy Israel we are taking strong action to ensure the future of Israel.
Even when we are the few against the many and when it is necessary to stand against the entire world we do this here, in our region; we do it in the international arena, we break down wall after wall, and sometimes it is necessary to break down walls of hypocrisy.
This week there was an example of Iran's boundless hypocrisy and brazen gall: This week the President of Iran met with leaders in Europe in order to try and overcome President Trump's sanctions regime – and I tell you that this attempt will fail – even as Iran planned a terrorist attack on French soil in Europe.
It was no coincidence that this attack was thwarted.
I call on the leaders of Europe:
Stop financing the terrorist regime that is financing terrorism against you on your soil. Enough with the policy of appeasement and weakness regarding Iran."
- 3rd Diplomatic Race to celebrate Israel's special needs community
- PM Netanyahu's remarks at the start of the weekly cabinet meeting
- PM Netanyahu addresses the Christian Media Summit
- PM Netanyahu visits the Ein Keshatot archaeological site on the Golan Heights
- PM Netanyahu and Chancellor Merkel hold working meeting