The new interchange was built at an investment of NIS 300 million and is part of the NIS 27.5 billion "Israel Lanes" plan initiated by Prime Minister Netanyahu and Transportation and Road Safety Minister Katz. The plan is designed to create a national network of highways and rail lines from Kiryat Shemona in the north to Eilat in the south.
During the dedication ceremony, Prime Minister Netanyahu said: "We have very great tasks in light of what is occurring throughout our region both near and far. While they shoot at each other, we build for each other. Our state is peaceful, certain of the strength of the IDF and sure in itself because it knows that it can defend itself. I will not allow anyone to harm the State of Israel. I ask you to go out and enjoy the holiday and if someone thinks of harming the tranquility of the holiday, he knows what awaits him."
- PM Netanyahu's remarks at the start of the weekly cabinet meeting
- PM Netanyahu addresses the Christian Media Summit
- PM Netanyahu visits the Ein Keshatot archaeological site on the Golan Heights
- PM Netanyahu and Chancellor Merkel hold working meeting
- PM Netanyahu and his wife Sara attend Ponary memorial ceremony