President Shimon Peres conveyed a letter of condolence to the Persident of the Republic of Kenya, Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta. He wrote:
"I wish to extend my deepest condolences to the people of Kenya on the horrific terror attack in Nairobi. From the Holy Land we pray for the release of the hostages, the full recovery of the injured and comfort for the families of the victims.
Terrorism is a global threat and those who perpetrate it make no distinction between yount and old, men and women. There is no justification for the murder of innocent civilians and Israel stands shoulder to shoulder with the Kenyan government and people at this difficult time. We in Israel know the pain of terror and will do whatever we can to support the people of Kenya."
- 3rd Diplomatic Race to celebrate Israel's special needs community
- PM Netanyahu's remarks at the start of the weekly cabinet meeting
- PM Netanyahu addresses the Christian Media Summit
- ADL Welcomes Announcement That Israeli Judokas Can Participate in UAE Tournament Under Their Own Flag
- Israel and Gaza: How did we get here?