"We were very lucky, God kept us" - said David Papo, a passenger in the bus. Papo, who was the first to duscover the bomb, said that a child sitting on the bus drew the driver's attention to a large briefcase driver: "did someone forgot a briefcase? " Papo went to check and saw that it was really a big bag and when he tried to lift it, it was heavy, he opened it and saw something like a pressure cooker, he opened it a little further and saw a red thread then he realized immediately what it was.
At this point, he said, he turned and asked the driver to stop the bus. "I told the driver to stop and everyone got off the bus," he described. " The police came and helped us get everyone. Few minutes later there was an explosion." He admitted that perhaps he made a mistake when he decided to see for himself the brief case.
During the evacuation of the passengers the explosion happened, resulting in one of the policemen injured seriously.
Dan Company spokesman praised the driver: "He acted impeccably and follow instructions. "
Internal Security Minister Yitzhak Aharonovitz spoke with the CEO of Dan, Rafi Samuel and praised the performance of the driver. He also urged the public "to be aware and report to the police each suspicious event.
After the incident Police Commissioner Yohanan Danino , assess the situation and instructed the police chief of operations " to increase police presence at crowded areas all over the country." Police Commissioner also sought to refine the guidelines for maintaining public awareness .
- World Jewish Congress President Ronald S. Lauder urges football associations worldwide to reject anti-Israel vote in FIFA
- Israel – The Magic Land at the Holy Land
- 230 Ukrainian Immigrants Arrive in Israel for Passover, Part of Effort to Rescue Embattled Jews
- Ambassadors Against BDS: 2,000 gather at United Nations HQ in New York in support of Israel
- Lauder welcomes Ban Ki-moon’s ‘long-awaited’ admission of UN bias against Israel