A man was killed and six other people were wounded when a terrorist went on a rampage in an industrial digger in central Jerusalem.
The terrorist hit the man as well as a bus and a car before being shot by a Police Officer who was in the area.
The terrorist was named as Mohammed Naif Ja'abis. Local media said he was from the East Jerusalem. Israel Police spokesman Mickey Rosenfeld confirmed that the terrorist was an Arab man in his 20s from East Jerusalem.
Mohammed Naif Ja'abis left the construction site in the digger and after driving some 50 meters hit the bus and then he attacked the pedestrian several meters from the bus.
The wounded were taken to Hadassah Hospital.
Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat: "No one should take the law into their own hands, and anyone who does so should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," the Jerusalem mayor said.
Interior Security Minister Yitzhak Aharonovich praised the police: "The police identified him and the threat and responded quickly - the result is clear."
- Israel – The Magic Land at the Holy Land
- 230 Ukrainian Immigrants Arrive in Israel for Passover, Part of Effort to Rescue Embattled Jews
- Ambassadors Against BDS: 2,000 gather at United Nations HQ in New York in support of Israel
- Lauder welcomes Ban Ki-moon’s ‘long-awaited’ admission of UN bias against Israel
- New survey: 80 percent of impoverished Israelis believe their children will remain poor