Since the start of Operation Protective Edge, 4,562 rockets were fired at Israel from Gaza - 1,042 since the violation of the ceasefire on August 19 - killing six civilians and wounding 127.
A rocket hit an Ashkelon home Tuesday morning, wounding over 20 people, including six young children.Hamas claimed responsibility for the attack. In the afternoon, a rocket exploded in the playground of a kindergarten in Ashdod.
Shortly before 6:00 pm, Ze'ev Etzion, 55, and Shahar Melamed, 43, of Kibbutz Nirim were killed and four wounded in a mortar attack on the Eshkol region.
On Tuesday evening, the Egyptian Foreign Minister announced a ceasefire, which entered into effect at 7 pm. Until then, rocket alerts sounded throughout Israel's south. Hamas claimed responsibility for a rocket fired towards Tel Aviv.
- Lt. Gen. Gadi Eizenkot, Chief of the General Staff, Memorial Day Message
- Fellowship and FIDF Provide $1.5M in Passover Gift Cards to IDF Soldiers
- World Jewish Congress launches petition to ICRC demanding Hamas return bodies of IDF soldiers
- Young Leaders from Across US Will Visit Israel to Meet IDF Soldiers
- IDF celebrates 68 years of Israel’s independence