Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met with an Israel Bonds leadership delegation and said:
"ISIS and Hamas and al-Qaeda and al-Nusra and Boko Haram and Hezbollah, supported by Iran - they're branches of the same poisonous tree. It's the same ideology with minor nuances. What's the great difference between ISIS and Hamas? The great difference, supposedly, between ISIS and Hamas is that those, the former lop heads off and the others shoot people in the head.
We have been notified today of another act of savagery from ISIS and I send our condolences to the people of Britain. We understand what kind of barbarism they face. We also understand that we have great tasks for defending our country as a result of these dangers that are enveloping our region. We need a very strong defense. We need a strong army, but we also need a strong economy. And the balance of the two is one of the great tasks that we have before us and I intend to have both: A strong defense and a strong economy."
- ADL Welcomes Announcement That Israeli Judokas Can Participate in UAE Tournament Under Their Own Flag
- Israel and Gaza: How did we get here?
- PM Netanyahu and his wife Sara attend Ponary memorial ceremony
- PM Netanyahu meets with US National Security Adviser John Bolton
- World Jewish Congress condemns 'disgraceful' neo-Nazi march in Washington: 'Hatred and extremism cannot be allowed to tear the fabric of our society apart'