Modi’in, Young new Olim from ages 3-10, who made Aliyah to Israel from the U.S. this past summer with the help of Nefesh B’Nefesh, the Ministry of Aliyah and Immigrant Absorption, The Jewish Agency for Israel and Keren Kayemet L'Israel, celebrated Chanukah at a special Nefesh B’Nefesh gathering in Modi’in. At the event, these young Olim tasted their first Israeli sufgania (jelly donut), played for the first time with ‘Made in Israel’ dreidels that display the words "a great miracle happened here" and not "a great miracle happened there" as it says outside Israel, and enjoyed endless chocolate gelt (coins).
Nefesh B’Nefesh Vice Chairman Erez Halfon said: "Chanukah is a family holiday that spreads its light to Jewish communities around the world. With that said, it is a great joy to celebrate with these new young immigrants as they experience their first Chanukah in Israel, here and not there, as the dreidel says, and to see their impressive and smooth integration into Israeli society."
- From our family at the " Jewish News Today " to your family Happy Chanukah and best wishes
- 3rd Diplomatic Race to celebrate Israel's special needs community
- PM Netanyahu's remarks at the start of the weekly cabinet meeting
- PM Netanyahu addresses the Christian Media Summit
- ADL Welcomes Announcement That Israeli Judokas Can Participate in UAE Tournament Under Their Own Flag