Following the defeat of the Palestinian draft resolution in the UN Security Council, Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman said: "The failure of the Palestinian resolution must teach the Palestinians that provocation and attempts to impose unilateral measures on Israel will not achieve anything - to the contrary."
According to FM Liberman, "The Palestinians' contempt for the most important states in the international community, first and foremost the United States, stems in part from the support they enjoy from some of the European states. Every state that truly wishes to promote a solution to the conflict must behave responsibly and make it clear to the Palestinians that decisions are made only around the negotiating table."
FM Liberman praised the work of the Foreign Ministry staff who, for the second time in the past three years, succeeded in thwarting the Palestinian resolution, through a concerted effort and thanks to the diplomatic relations that Israel has cultivated and developed in Africa and in eastern and central Europe.
- World Jewish Congress President Ronald S. Lauder urges football associations worldwide to reject anti-Israel vote in FIFA
- Israel – The Magic Land at the Holy Land
- 230 Ukrainian Immigrants Arrive in Israel for Passover, Part of Effort to Rescue Embattled Jews
- Ambassadors Against BDS: 2,000 gather at United Nations HQ in New York in support of Israel
- Lauder welcomes Ban Ki-moon’s ‘long-awaited’ admission of UN bias against Israel