Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke with UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and thanked him for expressing his condolences over the deaths of IDF soldiers Yohai Kalangel and Dor Chaim Nini. The Prime Minister expressed his regret over the death of Spanish UNIFIL soldier Francisco Javier Toledo and noted that he and Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy had agreed on the carrying out of a joint investigation into the matter.
Prime Minister Netanyahu told the UN Secretary General that the international community has yet to point an accusatory finger at Iran which was behind the attack on the northern border, has been trying to establish a terrorist front against Israel on the Golan Heights and is exporting terrorism around the world. The Prime Minister noted that UN Security Council Resolution 1701 has not been implemented and added that UNIFIL soldiers are not reporting on the smuggling of weapons into southern Lebanon.
Prime Minister Netanyahu said that the Palestinians' appeal to the International Criminal Court in the Hague is a dangerous step that could undermine regional stability.
- Israel – The Magic Land at the Holy Land
- 230 Ukrainian Immigrants Arrive in Israel for Passover, Part of Effort to Rescue Embattled Jews
- Ambassadors Against BDS: 2,000 gather at United Nations HQ in New York in support of Israel
- PM Netanyahu meets with top Chinese corporate leaders
- PM Netanyahu meets with Russian President Putin