Prime Minister Netanyahu spoke to President Obama and expressed Israel's strong opposition to the framework agreement with Iran which poses a grave danger to Israel, the region and the world.
Prime Minister Netanyahu:
"A deal based on this framework would threaten the survival of Israel.
Just two days ago, Iran said that 'The destruction of Israel is non-negotiable,' and in these fateful days Iran is accelerating the arming of its terror proxies to attack Israel.
This deal would legitimize Iran's nuclear program, bolster Iran's economy, and increase Iran's aggression and terror throughout the Middle East and beyond. Such a deal would not block Iran's path to the bomb. It would pave it. It would increase the risks of nuclear proliferation in the region and the risks of a horrific war.
The alternative is standing firm and increasing the pressure on Iran until a better deal is achieved."
- PM Netanyahu and his wife Sara attend Ponary memorial ceremony
- PM Netanyahu meets with US National Security Adviser John Bolton
- PM Netanyahu on the ‘White Helmets’
- PM Netanyahu meets with Russian President Vladimir Putin
- PM Netanyahu attends ceremony marking 70th anniversary of the Acre prison break