Israel Remembrance Day -Yom Hazikaron on the 4th day of the month of Eiar.
The day includes many national ceremonies for fallen soldiers in which senior public officials and military officers are present. The day opens the preceding evening at 20:00 (8:00 pm, with a one-minute Sirens during which most Israelis stand in silence, commemorating the fallen and showing respect. The official ceremony to mark the opening of the day takes place at the Western Wall.
In the morning a two minutes sirens is heard all over Israel which marks the opening of the official memorial ceremonies and private remembrance gathering which are held at each cemetery.
From the eve of Yom Hazikaron all public entertainment are closed, Israeli Television and Radio broadcast mourning songs and documentary programs about the Israel's wares and Terrorists attacks.
The day officially draws to a close between 19:00 - 20:00 (7-8:00 p.m.) in the official ceremony of Israel Independence Day on Mount Hertzel when the flag of Israel is returned to full mast.
- 3rd Diplomatic Race to celebrate Israel's special needs community
- PM Netanyahu's remarks at the start of the weekly cabinet meeting
- PM Netanyahu addresses the Christian Media Summit
- ADL Welcomes Announcement That Israeli Judokas Can Participate in UAE Tournament Under Their Own Flag
- Israel and Gaza: How did we get here?