Israel Remembrance Day -Yom Hazikaron on the 4th day of the month of Eiar.
The day includes many national ceremonies for fallen soldiers in which senior public officials and military officers are present. The day opens the preceding evening at 20:00 (8:00 pm, with a one-minute Sirens during which most Israelis stand in silence, commemorating the fallen and showing respect. The official ceremony to mark the opening of the day takes place at the Western Wall.
In the morning a two minutes sirens is heard all over Israel which marks the opening of the official memorial ceremonies and private remembrance gathering which are held at each cemetery.
From the eve of Yom Hazikaron all public entertainment are closed, Israeli Television and Radio broadcast mourning songs and documentary programs about the Israel's wares and Terrorists attacks.
The day officially draws to a close between 19:00 - 20:00 (7-8:00 p.m.) in the official ceremony of Israel Independence Day on Mount Hertzel when the flag of Israel is returned to full mast.
- Israel and Senegal announce end to crisis
- World Jewish Congress President Ronald S. Lauder urges football associations worldwide to reject anti-Israel vote in FIFA
- Lt. Gen. Gadi Eizenkot, Chief of the General Staff, Memorial Day Message
- Israel – The Magic Land at the Holy Land
- Fellowship and FIDF Provide $1.5M in Passover Gift Cards to IDF Soldiers