Central to the life style of the Jewish community is the Jewish calendar which marks important traditional events throughout the year.
Judaism is based on a lunar calendar which predates the standard Gregorian calendar by more the 3,700 years.
Months are marked by the appearance of the moon rather than using a fixed number of months each year.
The Jewish week begins on Sunday ending Saturday, the Sabbath and the Jewish day begins at sundown rather than midnight. The Sabbath lasts from sundown Friday until sundown Saturday.
Jewish Holidays Calendar
- President Reuven Rivlin welcomed a delegation of 140 Israel Bonds representatives from around the world
- At Georgetown, WJC President Ronald Lauder Addresses Anti-Semitism, Attacks on Christians
- WJC President Ronald S Lauder to Congress: Where is US?
- World Jewish Congress President Robert S. Lauder urges Danish governmet to secure Jewish community, Counter rising Anti-Semitic violance
- Terror attack on kosher supermarket in Paris, Victims to be buried in Israel