Torah Reading for Week of April 1 - 8, 2017
G‑d instructs Moses to command Aaron and his sons regarding their duties and rights as kohanim (“priests”) who offer the korbanot (animal and meal offerings) in the Sanctuary.
The fire on the altar must be kept burning at all times. In it are burned the wholly consumed ascending offering; veins of fat from the peace, sin and guilt offerings; and the “handful” separated from the meal offering.
The kohanim eat the meat of the sin and guilt offerings, and the remainder of the meal offering. The peace offering is eaten by the one who brought it, except for specified portions given to the kohen. The holy meat of the offerings must be eaten by ritually pure persons, in their designated holy place and within their specified time.
Aaron and his sons remain within the Sanctuary compound for seven days, during which Moses initiates them into the priesthood.
Courtesy of Chabad Organization
- From our family at the " Jewish News Today " to your family Happy Chanukah and best wishes
- President Reuven Rivlin welcomed a delegation of 140 Israel Bonds representatives from around the world
- At Georgetown, WJC President Ronald Lauder Addresses Anti-Semitism, Attacks on Christians
- WJC President Ronald S Lauder to Congress: Where is US?
- World Jewish Congress President Robert S. Lauder urges Danish governmet to secure Jewish community, Counter rising Anti-Semitic violance