Lauder praised Trudeau for Canada's deep friendship with, and staunch support for Israel.
"The Canadian delegation that attended former President Shimon Peres ' funeral last week was led by Prime Minister Trudeau and included former Prime Ministers Harper and Chrétien.
"It was a most impressive demonstration of honor and respect for the State of Israel", said Lauder.
Also present at the meeting were WJC Vice-President Moshe Ronen from Canada, the WJC North America Executive Director Betty Ehrenberg, and Shimon Fogel, the CEO of the Center for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA), the umbrella body of the Canadian Jewish community.
The delegation also held meetings with Canada's Foreign Minister Stéphane Dion, members of parliament, among others.
Discussions also focused on Canada's role in the fight against anti-Semitism.
- UN Secretary General Guterres to address World Jewish Congress Plenary Assembly in New York
- Ambassadors Against BDS: 2,000 gather at United Nations HQ in New York in support of Israel
- World Jewish Congress launches petition to ICRC demanding Hamas return bodies of IDF soldiers
- World Jewish Congress welcomes Swiss lawmakers' push to protect religious communities, end government funding of BDS
- World Jewish Congress President Lauder demands Montana immediately ban planned neo-Nazi rally: ‘Alt-right march puts all of America at risk