Lauder praised Trudeau for Canada's deep friendship with, and staunch support for Israel.
"The Canadian delegation that attended former President Shimon Peres ' funeral last week was led by Prime Minister Trudeau and included former Prime Ministers Harper and Chrétien.
"It was a most impressive demonstration of honor and respect for the State of Israel", said Lauder.
Also present at the meeting were WJC Vice-President Moshe Ronen from Canada, the WJC North America Executive Director Betty Ehrenberg, and Shimon Fogel, the CEO of the Center for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA), the umbrella body of the Canadian Jewish community.
The delegation also held meetings with Canada's Foreign Minister Stéphane Dion, members of parliament, among others.
Discussions also focused on Canada's role in the fight against anti-Semitism.
- World Jewish Congress President Ronald S. Lauder urges football associations worldwide to reject anti-Israel vote in FIFA
- WJC President Lauder commends Comerica for closing anti-Israel group’s bank account
- UN Secretary General Guterres to address World Jewish Congress Plenary Assembly in New York
- Ambassadors Against BDS: 2,000 gather at United Nations HQ in New York in support of Israel
- World Jewish Congress launches petition to ICRC demanding Hamas return bodies of IDF soldiers