“On behalf of the World Jewish Congress, I applaud Comerica for this bold and commendable decision to shut down the bank account of the virulent anti-Israel organization, the International Association of Democratic Lawyers,” Lauder said.
“The IADL consistently demonizes Israel and defends those who incite against it. In penalizing the IADL, Comerica has demonstrated that it is committed to helping the State of Texas enforce its strict anti-BDS laws, and that it will have zero tolerance for any person or organization that seeks to undermine democracy or promote terror.”
This is believed to be the first time a US-based bank has closed an account over the anti-Israel stance of an organization.
- Hate speech and incitement on the internet must be curbed, German minister tells WJC delegation
- WJC laments shocking rise in number of anti-Semitic incidents registered in UK
- Ronald S. Lauder praises countries for helping Israel to fight fire blazes
- Canada's PM Trudeau holds talks with World Jewish Congress
- WJC President Lauder: Colombia's Juan Manuel Santos deserves Nobel Peace Prize