A note to correspondents issued by a UN spokesperson confirms that the report of the United Nations Mission to Investigate Allegations of the Use of Chemical Weapons in the Syrian Arab Republic has been turned over to the Secretary-General.
“It was transmitted today […] to the Secretary-General by Professor Ake Sellström, the head of the Mission, and the Secretary-General will provide it to the Member States tomorrow morning,” says the note.
It goes on to say that Mr. Ban will brief the Security Council on the report during its closed consultations tomorrow morning. Following that briefing, at approximately 12:50 pm, the Secretary-General will speak to reporters at the Security Council stakeout, according to the note.
The Secretary-General will also brief the UN General Assembly on the report.
- Lauder welcomes Ban Ki-moon’s ‘long-awaited’ admission of UN bias against Israel
- WJC officials to meet with leaders from 30 nations in New York this week
- Ambassador Danon to UNSG Ban Ki-moon: Terrorists are using your words
- Knesset commemorates historic UN speech denouncing “Zionism is racism” resolution
- PM Netanyahu meets with UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon